Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 4: Cobb Salad



Day 4: June 4, 2011
Cobb Salad ***
Prepared by me; dinner by itself
Approximate cost for 1: $4
Recipe created by me; it's a pretty standard kind of salad



Given that this is one of my favorite all-time salads, I'm not sure what warranted this as only a 3 star rating. Perhaps I was feeling weary of green salads 4 dinners in a row, but I think most of it was the fact that I used some leftover crispy chicken (from the first day of oriental chicken salad) and that was just weird. It needs grilled chicken.

The salad has romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, avocado, fried chicken, bacon and bleu cheese. It was topped with ranch dressing made from a Hidden Valley Ranch packet. Sometimes I find that bleu cheese dressing with the actual bleu cheese is a little much for me. But perhaps the ranch dressing flavor is what threw it off for me as well. Maybe I should have stuck with the bleu cheese!!

No comments: